This is our biggest family event of the year. Be sure you do not miss out on this fun day.
Our theme for this year is People of the World. You can go for a certain cultural group, country, tribe or whatever creative idea you may have.
How it Works
You as a life group can sign up as a team. (send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org) If you are not currently in a life group we can assign you one for the competition. Include the following information in your email:
- A name for your group.
- The type of potjie you are making and how much time you will need for your pot. You can make more than one pot on the day, but only one will be judged. You need to say which one will be judged.
- How many people more or less will be in your group.
We will confirm your registration and give you a plot number. We will assign you a judging time. We only have 18 plots available. There is shade available and a swimming pool. We will also have some fun things happening in between.
What to Bring
- All your ingredients for the potjie you are making.
- Own cutlery and crockery, tables, utensils, chairs etc.
- Own cooker for your potjie (gas burner, fire pit, boesman pot) if you are struggling with this, please let us know and we can see if we can help you.
- Wood, blitz etc.
- Swimwear, hat, sunscreen etc.
- A party spirit.