Building God’s Kingdom in Hearts, Homes, Communities and Beyond.
- Grow and Equip people to maturity in Christ.
- Connect people in meaningful relationships and ministries.
- Mobilise people to live their God-given calling.
- Enable CFC to function as an influential resource centre and supportive home base for other TCNN churches and ministries.
- Plant sustainable churches in Namibia and neighbouring countries.
We have 5 non–negotiable core values. They give substance to what we believe and create a practical blueprint of how we live our lives. We see our values as who we want every member of our community to be on the inside.
We value the Word of God as absolute truth and as the highest authority in our lives. We are committed to reading, studying and living by the Word
I CANNOT LIVE WITHOUT THE WORD
For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
1 Peter 2:1-3
Therefore, laying aside all malice, all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and all evil speaking, 2 as newborn babes, desire the pure milk of the word, that you may grow [a]thereby, 3 if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is gracious.
But He answered and said, “It is written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.’ ”
Obeying the person of the Holy Spirit
We embrace the fellowship of the Holy Spirit and are led by Him in every aspect of our lives. We acknowledge the power of the Holy Spirit at work today.
I CANNOT LIVE WITHOUT THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE HOLY SPIRIT
For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.
However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.
But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”
Choosing a life of sacrifice for the kingdom of God
We know the truth that we are not here for ourselves and are committed to using our God given gifts and talents and walking in our God given calling.
I CANNOT KEEP THIS AMAZING TREASURE FOR MY SELF; I HAVE TO GIVE IT AWAY
I, therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you to walk worthy of the calling with which you were called,
18 And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I amwith you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.
35 for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in; 36 I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.’
37 “Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink? 38 When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You? 39 Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ 40 And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.’
Committing ourselves to building Godly families
We follow and are committed to God’s design for marriage and family. We are committed to building meaningful relationships with other believers by serving one another and valuing kingdom community. We embrace believers from all cultures, nations and languages.
I NEED OTHER PEOPLE IN MY LIFE
1 Peter 2:5
you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.
Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. 23 For the husband is head of the wife, as also Christ is head of the church; and He is the Savior of the body. 24 Therefore, just as the church is subject to Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything.
25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her, 26 that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word, 27 that He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish. 28 So husbands ought to love their own wives as their own bodies; he who loves his wife loves himself.
1 Corinthians 12:14-28
14 For in fact the body is not one member but many.
15 If the foot should say, “Because I am not a hand, I am not of the body,” is it therefore not of the body? 16 And if the ear should say, “Because I am not an eye, I am not of the body,” is it therefore not of the body? 17 If the whole body were an eye, where would be the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where would be the smelling? 18 But now God has set the members, each one of them, in the body just as He pleased. 19 And if they were all one member, where would the body be?
20 But now indeed there are many members, yet one body. 21 And the eye cannot say to the hand, “I have no need of you”; nor again the head to the feet, “I have no need of you.” 22 No, much rather, those members of the body which seem to be weaker are necessary. 23 And those members of the body which we think to be less honorable, on these we bestow greater honor; and our unpresentable partshave greater modesty, 24 but our presentable parts have no need. But God composed the body, having given greater honor to that part which lacks it, 25 that there should be no schism in the body, but that the members should have the same care for one another. 26 And if one member suffers, all the members suffer with it; or if one member is honored, all the members rejoice with it.
27 Now you are the body of Christ, and members individually. 28 And God has appointed these in the church: first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, administrations, varieties of tongues.
Living our lives to worship Him
We desire to live a life that brings honour and praise to Him and purpose to live with Christ-like character including integrity, accountability, transparency, servanthood, perseverance and excellence.
MY HIGHEST PURPOSE IS HIS HONOUR, GLORY AND PRAISE AND TO FINISH THE RACE HE’S SET OUT FOR ME
I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.
7 But what things were gain to me, these I have counted loss for Christ. 8 Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ 9 and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith; 10 that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death, 11 if, by any means, I may attain to the resurrection from the dead.
12 Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. 13 Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, 14 I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
15 Therefore let us, as many as are mature, have this mind; and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal even this to you.
Statement of Faith
What we believe and why
Read the full statement here
- We believe in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments in their original writing as fully inspired of God and accept them as the supreme and final authority for faith and life.
- We believe in one God, eternally existing in three Persons – Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten of the Father, conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary and is true God and true man.
- We believe that God created man in His own image; that man sinned and thereby incurred the penalty of sin which is death, physical and spiritual; that all human beings inherit a sinful nature which issues (in the cases of those who reach moral responsibility) in actual transgression involving personal guilt.
- We believe in the principle of heterosexual relationships between a natural man and a natural woman within the confines of lawful matrimony.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins a substitutionary sacrifice according to the Scriptures and that all who believe in Him are justified on the grounds of His shed blood.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the Lord Jesus, His ascension into Heaven, and His present life as our High Priest and Advocate.
- We believe in the personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe that all who repent of their sin and receive the Lord Jesus Christ by faith are born again of the Holy Spirit and thereby become children of God.
- We believe in the baptism in the Holy Spirit, empowering and equipping believers for service, with the accompanying supernatural gifts of the Holy Spirit; and in fellowship with the Holy Spirit. We believe in the divinely ordained ministries of Apostle, Prophet, Evangelist, Pastor and Teacher.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the just and the unjust, the eternal blessedness of the redeemed and the eternal banishment of those who have rejected the offer of salvation.
- We believe that elders carry the responsibility for oversight and care of the staff and members. Where necessary elders must carry out biblical discipline for the protection of the local church.
- We believe that the one true Church is the whole company of those who have been redeemed by Jesus Christ and regenerated by the Holy Spirit; that the local church on earth should take its character from this concept of the church spiritually and therefore, that the new birth and personal confession of Christ are essentials of Church membership.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ appointed two ordinances – Baptism in water and the Lord’s Supper – to be observed as acts of obedience and as perpetual witnesses to the cardinal facts of the Christian faith; that Baptism is the immersion of the believer in water as a confession of identification with Christ in burial and resurrection and that the Lord’s Supper is the partaking of the emblems symbolic of the Saviour’s broken body and shed blood, in remembrance of His sacrificial death, till He comes.
- We believe that divine healing was provided for in the Old Testament and is an integral part of the Gospel.
- We believe the Bible teaches that without holiness no man can see the Lord. We believe in the doctrine of sanctification as definite, yet progressive work of grace, commencing at the time of the new birth and continuing until the consummation of salvation.
The church is open to any further truth which the Holy Spirit may illuminate from the Holy Bible
Join our Family
CFC membership is not about a position but about relationship. If you live in the Windhoek area, have the same values as we do and want to commit yourself to the same vision that we have you are welcome to become a member of Christian Family Centre.
‘While the Kingdom of God makes our lives purposeful, it’s the people who walk with us that make the journey meaningful’